English language profiency
The IMIM programme is an English-taught master. Therefore an excellent command of the English language is a prerequisite for admission to and participation in IMIM.
Which tests are accepted?
- IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of 6.5 – no less than 6.0 on each section·
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based test) with an overall score of 92 – no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL CBT (computer-based test) with an overall score of 237 – no less than 21 on each section
- TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) with an overall score of 580 – no less than 55 on each section
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) / Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
Please keep in mind
-The test scores cannot be older than two years (except for the CAE/CPE certificates).
-The modality required is 'academic'.
-You may apply for a degree programme, even though you have not yet taken an English language test or while your test score is still insufficient. In that case, you might be conditionally admitted with (one of) the condition(s) for final admission being that you take and pass a (new) test. Please inform the Admissions Office of the date on which you are planning to take such a test.
-We do not accept institutional TOEFL tests.
Submission of test results
-IELTS: a scan of the score report can be uploaded in with your application or sent by email. We will verify the score online.
-TOEFL: please upload a scan of your score report with your application and submit a request with ETS to allow us to access your test results in the ETS online database (institution code 7191).
-Cambridge Certificate: initially, a scan of the score report can be uploaded in OAS. If you are admitted, we will require a certified copy of the certificate.
In principle, all applicants must include proof of proficiency in English with their application. Only applicants that meet either of the following requirements are exempt from proving proficiency in English:·
- Applicants that are a native English speaker and completed secondary education in any one of the following countries: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia·
- Applicants that have completed their bachelor education in any one of the following countries: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia