Your motivation letter plays a very important role in the admission procedure. This letter gives the Admission Board relevant clues about your suitability as a candidate for the programme. Think about what makes you stand out from the rest. Try to avoid commonplaces by really focusing on your personal motivation and experience. Motivate us in a maximum of 750 words to choose you as an IMIM student!
Please note that the 750 word limit is strictly applied. Applications not meeting this requirement cannot be taken into account.
We recommend to address at least the following points:
- Why are you passionate about translational medicine? What interests you specifically?
- Why do you apply to IMIM, rather than to other programmes in related fields?
- Why do you apply to a programme that is specifically oriented towards training in research and preparation for a subsequent PhD programme?
- Why do you think that you are a suitable candidate for such a selective programme?
- How do you fit in a class of students from all over the world, with diverse cultural and academic backgrounds, but all belonging to the top of their respective cohorts?
- What are your future plans for when you have completed your master programme?
The length of the motivation letter is limited to 750 words. There are no specific requirements with regard to the letter’s format.